any info, VMF 736 G, RKC 7 G, NUX 205 G

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

Michael Winstock
Mr Picky
LCR Membership Number: 39

Post by Michael Winstock »

If somebody is GENUINELY interested in Lotus Cortinas, why on earth would they not want to join the LCR?
Not liking computers is a lame excuse....I don't like computers but that doesn't prevent me being in the LCR.
trackm3
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by trackm3 »

Michael Winstock wrote:If somebody is GENUINELY interested in Lotus Cortinas, why on earth would they not want to join the LCR?
Not liking computers is a lame excuse....I don't like computers but that doesn't prevent me being in the LCR.
Because a lot of people including myself dont feel it necessary to join clubs before you know it your paying a lot of subs a year.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

Trackm3, sorry that you feel that my reply seemed a bit "harsh" but apart from a couple of emails that you have sent me we know nothing about you or your friend, your friend may well be the proud owner of a Mk1 Lotus Cortina, but he may also be the proud owner of a V5 and nothing else, you may well be enquiring about the history of a given car on behalf of your friend who has just purchased it, you may also be trying to find as much info on a particular car to re-create it or clone it we do not know.

There are enough re-shells, replica's and fakes in the marketplace already without the LCR adding to them by providing information to all and sundry.

Your friend has made a decision not to join car clubs that is his choice, but the argument that it gets expensive to join a club when he has just spent many thousands of pounds on a Mk 1 Lotus Cortina just doesn't add up.
kevflight
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 2213

Post by kevflight »

Hi All

If anyone agrees with the policy or not, with regards giving out info on our beloved cars? the rules of the club have been clearly stated, as "the rules of the club" like it or not.
The only way to change this is to join the club, pay your money, and loby for the changes you wish to see from within the club and put it to the committee.

Other than that you pays your money or not which is your choice.

The computer bit I do not understand as the guy has already got his mate to enquire on here, so how hard was that for him to get over his computer problem/phobia?? that one to me along with not liking the club seen I do not buy at all, because he resorted to the club through a friend when he presumable could not get the info elsewhere.

There is an old Yorkshire saying "If tha wants owt for nowt do it for tha self" there is not much you can get for nothing in this life and £20 for the help and info he will get on here, even through a friend, is bloody good value for money.

Regards
Kev
Simon G
East UK Event Rep
LCR Membership Number: 609

Post by Simon G »

I agree with the comments made by Rick, Kevflight and Michael Winstock. The membership is the lifeblood of the club. Without the income from annual membership fees, the club would not be able to operate in it's current format. There would certainly not be sufficient money to finance a member's forum or publish a quarterly magazine. I think the current membership fee represents excellent value for money.

Simon
GeoffTSJ
QB Editor
LCR Membership Number: 2115

Post by GeoffTSJ »

Ahhhh, I love a good QB story
trackm3
Learner Driver

Post by trackm3 »

Rick wrote:Trackm3, sorry that you feel that my reply seemed a bit "harsh" but apart from a couple of emails that you have sent me we know nothing about you or your friend, your friend may well be the proud owner of a Mk1 Lotus Cortina, but he may also be the proud owner of a V5 and nothing else, you may well be enquiring about the history of a given car on behalf of your friend who has just purchased it, you may also be trying to find as much info on a particular car to re-create it or clone it we do not know.

There are enough re-shells, replica's and fakes in the marketplace already without the LCR adding to them by providing information to all and sundry.

Your friend has made a decision not to join car clubs that is his choice, but the argument that it gets expensive to join a club when he has just spent many thousands of pounds on a Mk 1 Lotus Cortina just doesn't add up.
Rick thats fine, Myself and good friend the owner will trace the cars history i just hoped that as a fan ot the LC and owner you or the club would like to help to keep another car on the road and restored to its fomer glory, i totally understand that these are the rules and thats fine, thanks Martin

Come and say hello if you see either car on display at a future show you know the reg numbers of both the cars.
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi trackm3 - I suppose the way to look at is if the info was given out for free then why pay to join at all.

I agree with the above answer that a standard reply would suffice - ie Yes we have some info or No we don't. That way if there isn't any info available you won't feel peeved about spending £20 if the only reason your were joining was to trace the cars history.

Mind you even if there was not any history at the point you joined there is nothing to say some won't turn up at a later date from a previous owner joining. If you weren't a member you would never get to know about it.
trackm3
Learner Driver

Post by trackm3 »

Steve 155C wrote:Hi trackm3 - I suppose the way to look at is if the info was given out for free then why pay to join at all.

I agree with the above answer that a standard reply would suffice - ie Yes we have some info or No we don't. That way if there isn't any info available you won't feel peeved about spending £20 if the only reason your were joining was to trace the cars history.

Mind you even if there was not any history at the point you joined there is nothing to say some won't turn up at a later date from a previous owner joining. If you weren't a member you would never get to know about it.
I was just hopeing for a quick and easy fix without contacting the old owner (racing driver) if the season was still on would see him at the next race but heh its winter.