Eastern Region pub meet / Events Organiser - Simon Godfrey

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Simon G
East UK Event Rep
LCR Membership Number: 609

Eastern Region pub meet / Events Organiser - Simon Godfrey

Post by Simon G »

I am thinking about the possibility of setting up a pub meet in the Norwich area with a view to possibly offering to arrange regular events for the East Anglian region in 2010. For those of you who don't know me, I was a regular on the show scene many years ago. I have been a L/C owner for the last 24 years but only very recently rejoined the register.

I really just wanted to gauge interest at this stage. I am not aware of any other members in the Norwich or wider East Anglia region but just thought I would post a topic on here for consideration. There are some very good local events in the Eastern region that don't always get much national publicity and I would be willing to help to organise attendance at these events if there was sufficient local or national interest.

I would welcome the thoughts of other members on this subject.

Regards

Simon Godfrey
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Events

Post by Andy M »

Hi Simon,

Glad you have taken the plunge!
Simon has the full backing of the committee so help him to help you and your area by giving him your full support.
Andy M
Simon G
East UK Event Rep

Post by Simon G »

Thank you for your support Andy.

Simon
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi Simon - lets hope you get the support from members in your area.

How about dropping Geoff Letts (QB Ed) a few details about the proposed pub meet and some contact details so that he can include them in the next QB and also let non forum members know you are out there.
Simon G
East UK Event Rep

Post by Simon G »

Thanks Steve. I shall contact Geoff as you suggested.

Regards

Simon
Andy A
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2057

Post by Andy A »

Hi Simon,

There are some great roads and pubs in North Norfolk where i spend most weekends so i look forward to seeing how the area develops.

Regards,
Andy A
Simon G
East UK Event Rep

Post by Simon G »

Hello Andy

Thank you for your interest. I must admit I am still pondering a suitable venue for a pub meet. I had initially thought that the Angel at Larling (near Snetterton) might be a suitable location as it is directly off the A11 heading towards Norwich and would be fairly accessible for any members in the West of the region. However, I am still open to suggestions. If you can suggest a venue then please let me know. I certainly don't mind travelling outside of Norwich. I am just keen to meet up with members on a regular basis. North Norfolk sounds good as it is a lovely part of the county. Do you live in North Norfolk or just visit at weekends?

Regards

Simon